Case Study Learning Objectives:
1. You will explore financial performance and investor information available fromvarious sources, such as the SEC website commonly known as Edgar and MergentOnline.
These sources may be accessed at the following links:
2. You will gain an understanding of how a Form 10-K is structured and howcompanies describe their corporate objectives and risks for public disclosure.
3. You will research and analyze the objectives, strategies, and financial performanceof a San Diego-based public company that may be a future client or employer.
4. You will utilize a “big-data” repository to capture data and present that data in ameaningful way.
5. You will use Excel to prepare typical tables and charts that support your analysisby leveraging data retrieved.
6. You will examine certain accounting risks that are specific to your company andgain a deeper understanding of the guidance related to at least one of the areas ofaccounting.
7. You will examine a proxy statement and gather data on executive management andthe Board of Directors for your company.
8. You will examine the types of forms used by public companies to discloseinformation under SEC disclosure rules.
9. You will review any SEC comment letters for your company and understand howfirms respond to those letters.
10.You will listen to and analyze a recent earnings conference call for your company.
11.You will compile a meaningful and complete report on your company.